Golden Milk, or the Turmeric Latte, has been trending for a while now in the world of holistic beauty.
The health and beauty benefits turmeric is said to have are seemingly endless, but include anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants to protect against free radicals, relief from eczema and other skin conditions, liver detox, help with sleeping, weight loss, and even cancer prevention!
I don’t drink this every day, but I have been treating myself to it a couple times a week. Here is an easy recipe if you want to give it a try!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk, or cashew milk (I use coconut milk)
- 1t turmeric power
- 1t ground cinnamon
- 1t grated ginger
- 1T organic coconut oil
- pinch of black pepper
- sweetener of choice (honey or maple syrup, for example)
- Combine milk, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger in a saucepan and warm until hot, without bringing it to a boil.
- Add coconut oil, black pepper, and sweetener to taste until melted. You may not need much sweetener at all depending on your preferences.
- Use an electric milk frother or serve as is, garnishing with ground cinnamon.
You can adjust the recipe as you start to get the hang of it. The first one I made was not the best, so don’t be afraid to play around a bit and see what you like best.
Have a great week!