This post is about inner beauty, inner peace and positivity.
When I’m feeling down, unmotivated or like I’m “not enough” it can be hard – at least for me – to pull myself out of that place.
There are lots of ways to rid your headspace of negativity and doubt, some work better than others and not everything works well for everyone. Here’s an easy method to add to your arsenal if you’re looking to boost your inner strength.
Affirmations are statements, usually short sentences, that affirm something to be true. They help our brains refocus our thoughts onto the positive, and away from the negative. They help us believe in things we have trouble believing in or that we might want to improve.
Here are some examples of affirmations I’ve used:
- I am enough. I am worthwhile. I am beautiful.
- I have the power to let go of the things that no longer serve me.
- I am the architect of my life. I built its foundation and choose the contents.
- I have the ability to be incredibly successful and sincerely happy.
- I am a valuable part of others people’s lives.
- A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
- My body is healthy, my mind is brilliant, and my soul is tranquil.
- Today I choose to be happy and grateful.
- I am blessed to have family and friends that truly care about me.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
There are some great apps that you can download and record yourself saying your affirmations. Whether you wrote them yourself or not, listening to your own voice affirming these thoughts has been very effective for me.
If you’ve never tried it, give it a shot. Write down the thoughts you want to affirm and practice repeating them. OUT LOUD. That’s the most important part!
Just by putting it on paper and by saying it out loud, you’re consciously putting those things “out there” to manifest. And that’s a beautiful thing in and of itself.
Do you use affirmations in your life? If you do, what are your favorite ones?